The Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency that provides access to justice through free civil legal aid to low income residents of East and Northeast King County Washington and domestic violence legal aid throughout King County.
Since ELAP opened in 1989, its volunteer attorneys have contributed over 20,000 hours of free legal aid, serving more than 50,000 clients.
- Gerald Shepherd Kröon, Executive Director
- Juanita Cope, DVLP Managing Attorney
- Esperanza Borboa, Program Director
- Aries Almanza- Almonte, Program-Intake Assistant
- Rachel Bryant, VOCA/DV Staff Attorney
- Timothy Richards, ELAP DV Attorney at DAWN (2015 ELAP Family Law Fellowship Graduate)
- Connie J. Ritchie, Project Safety Navigator
- Cynthia Klein, Legal Clinics Program Manager
- Stan Kehl, Development Director
- Courtney Cohen, President
- Emily Schlesinger, Vice President
- Kevin Plachy, Treasurer
- Neeta Saran, Secretary
- Catherine Gannon
- Judy Jennison
- Sarah Jordon
- Tom McDade
- Dan Menser
- Marcus Montana
- Dale Schomer
- Evangeline Stratton
- Gerald Kroon – ex officio
All people on the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence countywide will have access to justice in the civil legal system.
Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to making the legal system more accessible to those most in need by providing free or low-cost yet high quality civil legal services to low-income residents of East and Northeast King County, Washington and domestic violence legal aid throughout King County.