Skip links

Housing Stability Program

We protect tenants in King County

What We Do

Our attorneys use the law to help tenants navigate the legal system. We also look for legal solutions to non-housing emergencies that threaten your housing—such as losing your job, experiencing domestic violence, or having an unexpected medical expense.

ELAP has three staff attorneys dedicated to housing cases, taking the majority of cases in Bellevue, Kirkland, and South King County. In our free monthly legal clinics, we also provide one-time legal advice on issues related to housing.

We do not represent landlords in housing cases.

How We Can Help

  • Eviction defense
  • Housing discrimination
  • Fleeing your home due to domestic violence
  • Repairs
  • Security deposit returns
  • Retaliation or harassment by your landlord
  • Reasonable accommodations
  • Other emergencies that are affecting your ability to pay rent


You may qualify for legal help if:

  • You live in King County, and
  • You are low income.

Seniors and veterans are encouraged to apply.

How To Get Help

Visit our Get Help page

Legal clinics:
To make an appointment at one of our legal clinics, call our Help Line Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

425-747-7274 (English)

425-620-2778 (Español)

Tenants: Due to high volume, our Housing Stability Program is closed to new clients. Please call the King County Tenant Resource Line for assistance: (206) 580-0762
This is default text for notification bar