Skip links

Providers & Referrals

How to refer someone who needs legal help to ELAP

This information is for doctors, medical professionals, social workers, and
service providers who want to refer someone to ELAP for legal help.

For individuals seeking legal assistance, visit our Get Help page.

ELAP’s full-time staff attorneys provide brief services to domestic violence survivors and their children. This may include legal advice, drafting pleadings or documents for discovery, coaching for court appearances, developing legal strategies, helping obtain exhibits and supportive documents, making referrals, and representation in court.

Our goal is to ensure survivors receive coordinated services in partnership with other providers.

We accept referrals from any domestic violence agency or other service provider in King County. The client must be working with a caseworker, advocate, or social worker and be referred by the provider. We work closely with LifeWire for East and North King County, DAWN for South King County, and New Beginnings for Seattle.

  • Clients cannot self-refer, except to our legal clinics. We do not do domestic violence client intakes.
  • Client must live in King County or have a case in King County court.

How To Refer:

Our dedicated staff housing attorneys help clients who face eviction, are experiencing issues with their landlord, or have another issue affecting their ability to get or keep their housing.

Clients must live in King County. Seniors and veterans are encouraged to apply.

How to Refer

  • Individuals can self-refer to see if they qualify for legal services by filling out our Online Intake Form

We offer dozens of monthly legal clinics for many topics including domestic violence, family law, housing, immigration, bankruptcy, estate planning, and more.

Clients must live in King County and be low income.

How to Refer:

  • Individuals can self-refer to see if they qualify for help at a legal clinic. More information is on our Legal Clinics page.
Need legal help?
This is default text for notification bar