October is Domestic Violence Action Month!
At ELAP, we are committed to providing hundreds of people in King County who are affected by domestic violence with free legal help every year.
ELAP’s full-time staff attorneys empower survivors and their families with legal tools to help them stay safe. We also provide one-time legal advice to survivors in our free monthly legal clinics. Learn more about ELAP’s DV services on our website.
We invite you to get involved by taking action this month. Here are some ways you can help prevent domestic violence and support survivors:
- Make a donation to one of our three partner organizations that provide critical services to people experiencing domestic violence in King County: DAWN, New Beginnings, and Lifewire.
- Help promote healthy relationships with One Love Foundation.
- If someone you know is having a hard time in their relationship, you can help. Check out this friends and family resource guide.
- Put up this take action poster at your business to help raise awareness.
- Learn how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected domestic abuse nationally.
Learn more about Domestic Violence Action Month with the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence.